|Planning for Retirement||To get an estimate of your future pension benefit, based on a retirement date of your choosing, visit our pension estimate calculator.
If you’re a member of the NBPSPP, NBTPP, CBE SRP or CUPE Hospitals SRP, you will need your most recent Employee Statement of Pension Benefits to obtain an estimate. Don’t have a copy? Contact us at 1-800-561-4012.
|Applying for your pension is easy, but it’s important you follow the timelines below to ensure you have everything ready for your retirement date (click here to download this as a checklist).||Retirement Checklist|
- Contact us to request a formal pension benefit estimate
- Collect your required documentation, including:
- Government Issued Identification (NB Driver’s Licence, Passport or Birth Certificate)
- Marriage Certificate or Common Law Partner Declaration
- Spouse’s Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- For information regarding the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS), visit www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions.html.
Contact your employer to complete a Retirement Application form – congratulations, you’re almost there!
- Once we receive your Retirement Application form, you can expect to receive your benefit options within 60 days.
- Once you receive these options, select your preferred pension option and return the completed package to us as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions relating to your options, contact our Member Services team at 1-800-561-4012.